[squid-users] Disk Configuration

From: J Thomas Hancock <jthancock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:50:03 -0600

I am currently configuring a small army of squid servers to act as
transparent caches. They are running Fedora Core 3 and Squid 2.5. We are
using disk striping to have a fairly large and fast cache directory.

I have heard in older versions of Squid, that there were performance issues
if the cache directory got to large. We currently have approximately 250GB
of storage for our cache directory. Would you recommend having one huge
250GB cache directory or would you recommend having several smaller cache
directories all on the same disk?

Thank you,
Tom