Re: [squid-users] log file "squid.out" not exist in my log folder

From: Visolve Squid Development Team <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:55:10 +0530

If you start the squid using bin/RunCache then, squid.out file will be created there. If you did not then squid.out will not be
created.
Squid.out file will contain information of squid startup and fatal errors during statup.

Startup script /etc/init.d/squid will give more detailed redirection of informations to squid.out file.
FAQ Link: http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-6.html#ss6.1

> I used the squid from distribution. For some reason, there is no "squid.out" in the log folder.
> I remembered the last time I installed squid in another distribution there are 4 logs files namely "cache.log", "access.log",
> "store.log" and "squid.out" , however I couldn't find the squid.out file in this new installation.

Best Wishes
Visolve Squid Development Team.
mail : suppot@visolve.com