Re: [squid-users] FTP PROBLEM....DOS NOT WORK

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:28:37 +0100

Mateo Cabrera @ adinet.com.uy wrote:
> OK....
> I remember you that I can´t to reach none FTP SITE, a restricted site or
> anonymous site.
>
> I tried with a simple ftp site with user and password, e.g:
> ftp://user:password@ftp.target.com and did not work
> Also i tried with other FTP site, in this case a anonymous site, e.g
> ftp://ftp.nai.com (this already exist...!!!), and the same...did not work.
>

> any ideas?
> The "squid.conf" configuration that I sent to them before was correct?
> Thanks a lot.

Hi,

your squid.conf is not complete, but the bits & pieces look good to me.
The default squid.conf which ships with squid is suitable for ftp as
well as for http.
Are you using any kind of authentication or a transparent setup per chance?
Probably it is your firewall. Try to connect to a local ftp-Server.
Try a different browser (mozilla/firefox) to make sure there is no
problem on the client side.

Regards, Hendrik Voigtländer