[squid-users] SQUID WORKS ON PORT 80 BUT NOT ON PORT 3128

From: Carlo Henrico <CarloH@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:09:34 +0200

Hi All

I am new to squid and have just installed it on WhiteBox.

After struggling tremendously, I tried the squid client from the server on
which squid is installed, and saw it actually logging the request in
access.log

I eventually decided to change the port to 80 (the only change) and
obviously stop Apache.

I re-configured my browser and suddenly all started working.

Any ideas please, why will port 3128 not work? It is as if it is blocked
from outside. There is no firewall between my workstation and the Squid
Server.

Thanks

Carlo