[squid-users] wbinfo -t error

From: dogbert <dogbert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 10:28:27 +0100

Hi,

we are successfully using proxy authentication with an AD domain with
Squid 2.5STABLE4 and Samba 2.2.8a.

Now I'm trying to setup a test platform to migrate towards Samba 3.

I've installed compiled and installed Samba 3.0.9 and Squid 2.5STABLE7
following squid FAQ:

http://www1.fr.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html#winbind

Here is my smb.conf file:

[global]
workgroup = MYDOMAIN
realm = MYREALM.IT
password server = my_root_dc.mydomain.it
security = ADS
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind use default domain = yes
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template shell = /bin/bash
template homedir = /home/%D/%U
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
log level = 3
encrypt passwords = yes
winbind separator = \\

I got stuck while trying wbinfo -t command.

While wbinfo -u, -g and -p works fine, with -t i get the following error:
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022)
Could not check secret

Oviously trying the ntlm_auth command it won't work (same error as above).

I've joined the domain and I've checked also the kerberos configuration.
I've also followed this paper and created a keytab for my linux box:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/kerbsteps.asp

What else can I try ?

p.s.: I remember a good waltrough on ITMANAGERS website but I cannot
access the website anymore ? where is it gone ?