[squid-users] cache dir files

From: Kvetch <kvetch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:07:33 -0500

Hello - I am having some difficulties using some cache purging
utilities and noticed a couple things. I have squid setup as a
reverse proxy and when I view one of my cached sites I see
TCP_HIT:NONE in my access log but I cannot find any files being
written to my cache dirs that would contain this HIT. From what I can
tell the purge scripts I have found, scan your cache dirs and use
squidclient to purge every instance in cache containing the variable
you gave the purge script. But without files being written to the
cache_dir I don't think it can do anything.
Does anybody have any ideas on why my cached HITS wouldn't be written to disk?

and what is the difference between TCP_MEM_HIT and TCP_HIT:NONE

Thanks,
Nick