Re: [squid-users] How to test if my squidguard and LDAP authentication works from the command line

From: Oliver Hookins <oliver@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:22:13 +1100

You can test squid_ldap_auth from the command line by just entering the
actual command and its parameters as in your external_acl_type line.
Then you just enter usernames and passwords separated by a space on each
line - it will confirm the authentication with either ERR or OK.

I couldn't tell you how to test squid itself or squidguard without
internet access. It can of course proxy for webservers on your local
network so you could use that.

Regards,
Oliver

Yong Bong Fong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have configured squidguard and squid_ldap_auth on my squid. From the
> cache and webmin it there seems to have no error message. But I just
> want to find out if there is any way I can test the squidguard and
> squid_ldap_auth from the command line without connecting to internet.
>
> Or is it the only way to test if my squid, squidguard, squid_ldap_auth
> work, is to connect the computer (with squid) to the internet and check
> it from the client computers that it serves?
>
> Thanks all!

This communication is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action in reliance on, this communication by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Exhibition IT Services Pty LTD makes no express or implied representation or warranty that this electronic communication or any attachment is free from computer viruses or other defects or conditions which could damage or interfere with the recipients data, hardware or software. This communication and any attachment may have been modified or otherwise interfered with in the course of transmission.