[squid-users] ClamAV with Squid Possible? Was [Re: [squid-users] ClamAV information needed, any recommendation?]

From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:25:51 +0800

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 16:54, Yong Bong Fong wrote:
> Hi Ow,
>
> I forgot to mentioned that I am looking to integrate Squid with
> ClamAV (if thats possible).
As I mentioned, I'm not sure if it's possible but what I do know and
_fear_ is the extra processing overhead associated with virus scanning
on a Squid Box.

Unless you've got lots of muscle on the box.

> Actually my aim is to integrate something onto squid that makes squid
> antiviral capable,
I've frankly never heard of such an integration.

> and also able to block downloaded files with certain
> extensions such as mp3, exe etc.

You can already do that with squid itself.

There are a few ways

1. Using regular expressions
acl NoAudioFiles req_mime_type -i ^audio/mpeg
        or
acl NoAudioFiles rep_mime_type -i ^ audio/mpeg
        or
acl NoAudioFiles url_regex ^\.mp3$
        and
http_access NoAudioFiles deny
http_reply_access deny NoAudioFiles

req_mime_type = Content-Type Header of the client's HTTP request.

rep_mime_type=This is based on the response from the origin server.
(might be better then req_mime_type which only is useful to prohibit
PUT/POST requests)

> Thats what my system administrator told me, but seems lke ClamAV is for
> use with qmail. And only use for antivirus, not for blocking files with
> certain extensions.

I believe that clamav or qmail can be configured to remove those
particular extension files.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz