[squid-users] Question about HTTP Compress and squid

From: 蒋 志坚 <zj_chiang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:39:02 +0800

HI:

   I know squid surport HTTP/1.1 now. And HTTP/1.1 surport Compressed
encoding format to

transfer response content. So, I want to know how squid cache the
compressed content in

memery and disk. Is the uncompressed retrieval or the compressed HTTP data
block. If is the

later, how to cache them in disk and memery.

   Another question is what format of object store in disk when squid cache
the object. For

example,HTML file is the original except meta-data or the encapsulated
object in disk. And

how store the GIF and JPEG. THANK YOU!

               Best Wish!