Re: [squid-users] 'Squid -k reconfigure' changes ownership of the swap.state file

From: Jafar Aliev <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:57:41 +0300

tood day.

>> (except strange
>> "chdir: /var/squid/cache: (2) No such file or directory"
>> but I didn't find any occurrence of "/var/squid/cache" in config file)

EM> You should treat that message as an error and resolve it :
EM> make sure that cache dirs defined in squid.conf exist and
EM> are accessible by the user squid runs as.

I remake this directory (/var/squid/cache) with squid user
rights (squid.squid). "Error" in cache.log disappear, but the problem
still exists. 'Squid -k reconfigure' does 'Segment Violation...dying'
with squid.

...continued...

After I remount filesystem with squid cache to default position
(/var/squid/cache) all have been worked well. In conclusion, there are
a bug in the squid code that does not allow cache be positioned on
other than default location.

Do I have to report this to developers? :-)

--
Best regards and excuses for my English,
 Jafar Aliev <admin at usn dot ru>