[squid-users] How does squid_ldap_auth knows which flag in the ldap server to be used to authenticate users?

From: Yong Bong Fong <bfyong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 11:02:44 +0800

Dear all,

    I read from the squid_ldap_auth(8) document that, if I have a single
domain ,all I need to specify is usually the base DN under where your
users are located and he server name: such as

squid_ldap_auth -b ou=people,dc=your,dc=domain ldapserver

but from the above command, how is it able to know which flag in the
ldapserver to used to authenticate the user?

eg, in the ldap server there are many flags used to identify the user
such as uid, cn etc.

Thanks in advance