[squid-users] Windows Update Parent Cache Problem

From: Martin Loehnertz <public@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:36:20 +0100

Hello,

Windows Update has funny problems with the use of parent caches. I
use some exotic setup so I describe it first. 2 Computers, 1 Mac, 1
Windows, squid runnig on the Mac,

Mode 1: Mac connected to internet by 56k modem, everything (including
WU throgh squid) works fine

Mode 2: Windows connected to satellite-connection running special
satellite-proxy, request are send out over 56k modem of Mac, answer
by satellite to pci-card in Windows; squid running on the mac with
satellite-proxy as default parent cache, surfing fine, Windowsupdate
fails

Now the funny part: If I copy the URL WU requested from squid's
access.conf and enter it into my browser on the Mac,
the file starts to download. Now i kick WU again and it works - and
keeps working for this file even after canceling the browser request.

Some ideas ?
Thanks ML