Re: [squid-users] Re: squid -k reconfigure crash parallel instances

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:14:48 +0100

Hi Christian,

> >>I think i have a stupid problem! I use one squid direct from SUSE
> >>Distrubition for our internet proxy, and one squid (self compield
> >>Version 3.0-PRE3) as reverse proxy.
> >>
> >>Now the Problem!
> >>
> >>If i run "squid -k reconfigure" from the "SUSE-Squid" i think i crash
> >>the compiled squid!

Just to be sure: Are you running both on the same machine? Why do you not use
two instances of the Squid provided with the SUSE distribution? (BTW: Which
version of SUSE LINUX are you running?)

..

> Thx for your fast answer! But it has the same bad effect! Maybe it
> depends on how i start the two squid servers.
>
> SUSE Squid rcsquid start --> i think without the -f parameter
> compiled squid --> /usr/local/sbin/squid -N

What is your exact command for starting them (including all options)? And what
are your configuration files?

Regards,

Peter

--