RE: [squid-users] Squid behind another proxy

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:01:05 +0100

> Hi everybody,
> I'm a new user on list....
> I try to configure squid with a proxy parent which had only
> 8080 http port
> open so I can use squid with ICP request ...
> So in fact I have this
>

> Local Network----Proxy squid-------Proxy (only port 8080 and
> connection with
> login+ pass)--internet
>
> So in the squid.Conf, I have add a line:
> cache_peer proxy parent 8080 0 no-query login=login:pass
> prefer-direct off
>
> But It doesn't work ans my acces.log have only TCP_MISS and i
> have a time
> out on the client....
> Please if someone had a solution....
> Thanks a lot/
> ++

 Some remarks, in the beginning of the past , you seem to indicate
the parent supports ICP. In that case you must not use 'no-query', instead
do not use this parameter and specify the ICP port that the parent
uses instead of '0'.
In case the parent is the only one with Internet access you need :

   never_direct allow all

instead of

   prefer_direct off.

M.