[squid-users] Accelerator, virtual and port number

From: Oscar Picasso <oscgoogle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:49:05 -0800 (PST)

Is it possible for squid to be used as an accelerator front end for serveral
vitual web servers that are in the same machine and where both listen on port
80?

I can do virtual 'acceleration' when squid and the web server listen to
different ports.

To avoid the redirect port number problem I have read the faq entry at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html#what-is-httpd-accelerator
(section 20.3.

It works fine when the backend server serves only one domain. But don't succeed
if I want the backend server to serve different domains.

I'm wondering if it is even possible.

Oscar