Re: [squid-users] Clearing authentication cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 01:15:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Lars Roland wrote:

> Squid stores the authentication cache. But is there a method to send
> squid a signal ?, so it clears the cache - the behaviour I am
> requesting is a way to force all proxy clients to autheticate them
> self again.

The clients always authenticate again to Squid, on each and every request.

The only cache in Squid is a cache of known valid passwords, allowing
Squid to avoid asking your password database backend on each request.

The session cache which saves the user from having to enter his login all
the time is in the browser, not Squid. And there is not much Squid can do
about this cache.