RE: [squid-users] Squid not opening tcp port

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:53:15 -0900

I know that in FreeBSD, netstat -an doesn't show the same information as
Linux. Try using sockstat, and see if that shows squid having an open port.
If you are familiar with OpenBSD, and know this is not the issue, I
apologize.

Start squid and tail the cache.log You should see a line like:

2004/12/09 09:51:36| Accepting HTTP connections at 0.0.0.0, port 3128, FD
20.

Chris