Re: [squid-users] give access to a user to a specific site

From: Visolve Squid Development Team <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:38:56 +0530

> I am using squid-2.5.STABLE3. I have blocked access to some sites for all
> users. Now i want to give access to a particular user for a particular site.
> How can i do this ???

Before giving solution to your requirement, please use latest release of squid version 2.5 Stable 7.
It is good to update the version frequently to get new functionalities.

To make your requirement,
good ACL + http_access setting is REQUIRED.

Use http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/access_controls.htm#acl for good configuration settings and
squid FAQ 10 portion more.

> e.g. user with ip 192.168.10.60 wants access to www.hotmail.com. hotmail.com
> is blocked in the file "porn"

We can do this as,

# Acl
acl splip src 192.168.10.60/32
acl hotmail dstdomain .hotmail.com

# Access Rules - Begin
http_access allow splip hotmail

Based on proper arrangement of ACL's and http_access rules, you will get required Access controls.

Best Wishes
Visolve Squid Development Team.

* mail : suppot at visolve dot com *