Re: [squid-users] wccp and MTU

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:04:11 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, sk wrote:

> Could somebody tell how to set mtu for wccp redirection
>
> a lot of clients using pppoe have problem with wccp redirection. They can
> work if they point their browsers directly to the squid.

I guess these PPPoE users using a smaller MTU than the default? Such
situation is a common source of problems with most WCCP routers as they do
not track connections and fails to send the ICMP "must fragment" messages
to the Squid server.

The MTU is set by the MTU of the interface or route on the Squid server.

Another viable option is to disable Path-MTU discovery towards the
clients.