[squid-users] authenticated application?

From: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:08:46 +0100

Hi all,
I am running squid 2.5.7 and winbind 3.0.8 on a Debian box. Only
authenticad users may connect to internet. I setup both basic and ntlm
authenticator and they both works for linux users and windows users.

On windows I still have a problem: users cannot execute adobe acrobat or
microsoft word or whaterver application inside the browser since these
cannot access the remote document.

More precisely, the user connect to a web site and he is autenticated
via ntlm, the he click on a PDF and acrobat reader (I think) tries to
collect the document, it contact the proxy without autenticating and it
stop. The same happens for all applications.

The user may still right click on the doc and download, using the
browser; and the he runs Acrobat locally.

Do you have any idea on how to solve this problem?

I thank you very much,
Giuseppe