Re: [squid-users] ADWARE

From: Tim Neto <tneto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:56:11 -0500

Hello Teo Ma,

Please note, the updates for ADWARE is not at www.lavasoft.com. The
update server is located in the .lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net DNS domain.
If you do not open the domain .lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net the ADWARE
update will not work. The ADWARE update proxy client has no provision
for authentication. If your Squid configuration is using any type of
authentication the ADWARE update will not work.

Finally, for Squid user mail list etiquette, please do a reply to
all. Others may encounter similar trouble. By replying to the mailing
list, you will obtain more help. My replies may not always be the best
solution, other Squid administrator may have additional or contrary
valid input for your issue.

At this point the only way I can be of further assistance is to see a
"sanitized" version of your squid.conf. By "sanitized" I mean
change your passwords and your IP reference to generic values.

Tim

Timothy E. Neto
 Computer Systems Engineer Komatsu Canada Limited
 Ph#: 905-625-6292 x265 1725B Sismet Road
 Fax: 905-625-6348 Mississauga, Canada
 E-Mail: tneto@komatsu.ca L4W 1P9