[squid-users] Page cannot be displayed

From: TopGun Technician <tech1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 18:33:00 -0600

The Suse firewall was blocking Squid requests.

No I get the standard page cannot be displayed when trying to connect to
a web page.

Kurt

Sorry about that, I responded last night but it didn't go through.

Adam Aube wrote:

Please reply to the list, and not to me directly.

TopGun Technician wrote:

> Adam Aube wrote:
>

>> TopGun Technician wrote:
>>

>>> I have spent over 30 hours reading and trying various solutions from
>>> the
>>> documentation, FAQ's and the mail archives. No matter what I try, I am
>>> getting access denied.
>>>

>> Post your squid.conf (without comments or blank lines).
>> Are there any parent proxies Squid will have to work with?
>>

> NO parent proxies, running Squid 2.5(stable) on Suse 9.1 64 bit
>

> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
> no_cache deny QUERY
> auth_param basic children 5
> auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
> auth_param basic casesensitive off

[default refresh_pattern settings snipped]
[default acls snipped]

> http_access allow manager localhost
> http_access deny manager
> http_access deny !Safe_ports
> http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
> acl our_networks src 10.10.30.0/24
> http_access allow our_networks
>

> acl our_networks src 10.10.30.0/24
> http_access allow our_networks

This is redundant. Remove this and see if it corrects your problem.

> always_direct allow our_networks

Since you aren't using any parent proxies, this is unneeded.

> http_access deny all
> icp_access allow all

You don't seem to have an http_reply_access line here. I believe it
defaults
to 'allow all', but if nothing else already suggested helps, add this line:

http_reply_access allow all

Adam