Re: [squid-users] force download exe files

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:11:09 +0100

On 14.12 18:02, Marco Berizzi wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> I would like to know if there is any configuration trick
> to intercept and block .exe files that IE execute without
> user action (spyware).
> I don't want to block all exe file: accept only those exe
> file that IE prompt for save. Could it be possible?

No. It's up to browser what does it do with a object it receives and neither
server nor the proxy is able to tell browser what to do with it.

Even different browsers do different decisions. M$IE takes mostly the file
extension, so you could avoid this with renaming exe to e.g. ex_ or _exe
etc.

If you want to block files with unwanted content, you probably should
search for antivirus solution.

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.