RE: [squid-users] Multiple httpd-accelerated servers in squid v.3

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:29:16 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:hno@squid-cache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 7:10 AM
To: francois visser
Cc: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Multiple httpd-accelerated servers in squid v.3

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, francois visser wrote:

> My problem is this: I need to add more web servers to my squid.conf,
> ie. I want clients to reach both https://new-server.my-company.com,
> and https://exchange.my-company.com via the same reverse proxy. What
> do I need to change/add to my current squid.conf? This case is well
> documented for version 2.x, but the mentioned 2 lines are quite
> different from anything I've seen in v. 2.x.

You need additional sets of https_port and cache_peer directives. In
addition you also need cache_peer_access directives telling what requests
should be sent to which web server.

He also would need additional certs as those two addresses each would need
their own SSL certificate, no? We went with the trailing url, making all
back end webservers appear to be on one happy server. Mysite.com/intranet1,
mysite.com/email, mysite.com/intranet2, mysite.com/extranet, etc. That way
we only needed one ssl cert for mysite.com.

Chris