Re: [squid-users] Multiple httpd-accelerated servers in squid v.3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:51:25 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, francois visser wrote:

> Can I have multiple "https_port 443 ...." lines?

Yes, as many as you like.

> Or do I need to use "vhost"
> or something in place of the port number?

No.

> What about the "defaultsite=exchange.my-company.com", do I remove that from
> my existing config, or do I add "defaultsite=new-server.my-company.com" to
> the new https_port line?

You should have one designated default site per accelerator port
(http_port or https_port). In case of https_port or other ports for a
single domain only this should be the same as the official domain name of
this web server. For http_port with vhost support it should be the primary
site you want to give to old HTTP/1.0 clients not sending Host headers.