Re: [squid-users] Digest Authentication

From: Glenn Baptista <glenn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:28:30 +0530

Hello Henrik,

Did try to look around to see how to proceed, but did not reach the
desired outcome. Saw the code for the text_backend.c file and realised
that you need to insert an additional parameter '-c' in the squid.conf
file for tthe 'digest_auth program ' parameter.

Still things did not work, but it was obviously not using name:password
any more, so probably something wrong with the password encryption
scheme. The code mentions MD5 passwords. So does this mean that
htdigest passwords are not the same?

Can you provide some more direct help please? Even if there is a link
to some detailed docs it may help, since this is not my area of
expertise. I have searched a fair bit on the web, in the conf file and
experimented a bit as well but have been unable to reach the intended goal.

Thanks

Glenn Baptista