Re: [squid-users] Re: Access Still DENIED

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:04:57 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, TopGun Technician wrote:

> Everyone here has been great. But, I still have a squid server that isn't
> working. Still no log files so I can't give further information. But I still
> get access denied when trying to use Squid cache proxy.

Stop your Squid and start it interactively. This will give you the
equivalence of cache.log on the screen.

   killall squid

   /path/to/sbin/squid -DNYd3

look in the screen output for any signs of problems opening cache.log or
access.log. If there is problems, fix them first.

then configure your browser to use the port opened by Squid. You must now
see your requests in the access.log.