[squid-users] Redirect without script in squid 3 pre-3?

From: francois visser <visser_francois@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:14:23 -0600

All,

I think I read somewhere that it's possible to redirect a client's browser
without using a redirector script in squid 3 pre-3. I simply need to
redirect http://a.b.c to https://a.b.c, or, more specifically, redirect
connections to port 80 for site a.b.c to port 443 with the same site name.

I use squid in accelerator mode with multiple IP's, one per site. I
currently run apache on port 80 to do the redirection (mainly because I had
limited time to get the proxy in place and couldn't get the perl redirector
script to work in time). I'd like to simplify the proxy configuration as
much as possible, so if squid 3 can do this, it'd be great.

I think the answer might lie in the "http_port" directive, and I played
around with vhost and vport=443 etc. but couldn't get it to work. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Francois Visser.