Re: [squid-users] Digest Authentication

From: Glenn Baptista <glenn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:53:31 +0530

Dear Henrik,

Tried doing like you suggested to check out the htdigest for the user
'test'.
Created an encrypted file using htdigest command for the user 'test'.
 The output is always error when I input the name 'test'.

> ./digest_pw_auth -c /usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
test<CR>
ERR

Even with a non-encrypted password file containing 'test:test' it
returns error. ERR is returned with all names.
> ./digest_pw_auth /usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
test<CR>
ERR

I used Squid3.0 PRE3 as well as the latest code. This same code
however works with plain text passwords when used within squid. Is
there something I need to do while building the same to use it in this mode?

Thanks

Glenn