Re: [squid-users] Re: Can we give different bandwidth to different users in a same group or network ??

From: Amit Khatri <amit28oct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:15:34 +0530

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:54:50 +0530, Amit Khatri <amit28oct@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:36:54 -0500, Adam Aube <aaube01@baker.edu> wrote:
> Amit Khatri wrote:
>
> > I am using Squid with Delay Pools.
> > I have read the faq given on squid-cache.org.
> > And I have successfully implemnted Delay Pools for class 1 & class 2.
> >
> > But I want to assign different bandwidth to different users in a same
> > group or network.
>
> Do you have some acl mechanism (such as username, IP address, etc) to
> identify these users?

   Yes. I have acl mechnism (i.e IP address)

 If so, then this is possible in Squid - take a look
> at the delay_access settings in your squid.conf.
>
> Adam

 Yes. I have acl mechnism (i.e IP address)
 I have aleady looked at delay_access settings.
 But still i am unable to alot different bandwidth to different users
 of same group. Following is sample code. Can u point out where u
 should I make modification.

 delay_pools 2

 delay_class 1 2
 delay_class 2 2

 acl c5_76 src 192.168.2.5 192.168.2.76
 acl c153 src 192.168.2.153

 http_access allow c5_76
 http_access allow c153
 http_access deny all

 delay_access 1 allow c5_76
 delay_access 2 allow c153

 delay_parameters 1 1024/1024 500/1024
 delay_parameters 2 500/500 300/500

 delay_initial_bucket_level 50

In the above code I have aloted bandwith 500/1024 to all individual
members of group c5_76. But I want to give different bandwith to both
individuals.

 Is it possible ???

 Regards
 Amit