[squid-users] Passing a URL directly to squid through the web browser...

From: Perez, Dennys \(GE Healthcare, non-ge\) <Dennys.Perez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:38:44 -0600

Hi,
I have squid setup, and I was wondering if I could pass a URL to squid
directly from the browser. The reason is that @ work, all ports are
blocked, and only http is open. I could use
http://mysquid.com:3128+http://website.com if possible, but I always get
an error from my proxy server that the address is incorrect (it doesn't
read the http part after the port#) Is there another way to use this?
Adding the server and port to the browser connection options won't work,
since I need to go through the company's proxy to even get out to the
'net.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks