RE: [squid-users] cache out of date

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:23:02 +0100

> Hello everybody. I'm quite new to Squid, so maybe this is
> just a newbie
> problem.
>
> I have set up a caching only squid server, configured as a
> transparent proxy
> (in conjunction with the relevant iptables rules). However the cache
> doesn't get updated when a new version of the page is
> uploaded at external
> websites (at least at some of them). One site whose local
> cache gets not
> updated is www.lesboss.it, but there may be others. What
> portion of the
> neverending configuration file should I look at?

None, SQUID does that automatically provided the site provides
adequate and correct freshness info, for any http object it serves.
Check with :

       http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py

> The version of the installed Squid cache is 2.5.7-2.

Also : transparant proxying , can in subttle cases be the cause
of such problems.
Does this work , when the browser is set to use the proxy
directly (through proxy config mechanisms) ?

M.