RE: [squid-users] squid feeding 2 subnets

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:45:02 +0100

> Hello,
> Here's an alternative thought :
>
> I want my squid proxy server to feed
> internet to 2 subnets :
>
> 192.168.0.0/255
> 192.168.1.0/255
>
> If I were to put 3 NICs :
>
> 1 for WAN and two for LAN with the 2 subnet .
>
> Can squid be made to feed simultaneously 2 LAN NICs
> on two subnets ?

 That's not up to SQUID, but to hosts on the two subnets,
having or setting appropriate routing info (tables), for
'finding' the SQUID box , in each case.
And the SQUID host, on it's own having correct routing info
for each subnets.

> OR
>
> If we could assign two IPs to the one LAN NIC.
> Will that work ?

  Not , in IP's simplest model, where each interface is supposed
to be on one separate subnet.
But basically this is not squid but a layer 3 issue.
Update your IP knowledge accordingly.

M.