RE: [squid-users] another Acl question

From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:41:56 -0800 (PST)

Yes, this is what i am exactly tring to do, but when i
block msn_acl and msn_acl2 for all and allowed the
two, it did not worked, instead it is blocked for all,
I am not sure why it is happening. In short i am
unable to allow my two subnets to brows through
webmail and deny other users for webmails and msn
sites.
--- Lucia Di Occhi <saint_lucy@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Alright, what's not working with the ACL?
>
> As you know the ACL is read TOP down and it will
> stop reading at the first
> match, so:
>
> http_access deny msn_acl !onesubent !twosubnet
> (Will block msn_acl for
> all but 2 subnets)
> http_access deny msn_acl2 !onesubnet !twosubnet
> (Will block msn_acl2 from
> all but 2 subnets)
>
> ##blocking orkut for all###
> http_access deny msn_acl3 (Will block msn_acl3 for
> ALL subnets)
> http_access deny msn_acl4 (Will block msn_acl4 for
> ALL subnets)
>
> ###Allowing rest###
> http_access allow mynet (Will allow everything else)
>
> so basically you are blocking msn_acl and msn_acl2
> for everyone but two
> subnets and you are blocking msn_acl3 and msn_acl4
> for everyone. Lastly you
> allow everything else. Is that you intended
> behaviour? What behaviour are
> you getting when you say it does not work?
>

> >From: Mohsin Khan <aaghaz00@yahoo.com>
> >To: Lucia Di Occhi <saint_lucy@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: RE: [squid-users] another Acl question
> >Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:33:50 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >i am using this statment
> >
> >http_access deny msn2 !onesubnet !twosubnet
> >
> >msn_acl is just to give an idea...its is basically
> >msn1 msn2 msn3 msn4
> >
> >--- Lucia Di Occhi <saint_lucy@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am nut sure how you do it. if the ACL name is
> > > 'msn1' you cannot do
> > > 'http_access deny msn_acl !onesubent !twosubnet'
> > > since msn_acl is not
> > > defined, sane is true with 'http_access deny
> > > msn_acl3' cause I do not see a
> > > msn_acl3 defined anywhere in the config file.
> > >
> > > Did you copy/paste the actual squid.conf
> section?

> > > such as
> > > subsession of

> > > 2.5.STABLE1