Re: [squid-users] cachemgr.cgi on IIS 6.0 revisited

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:45:39 +0100

Hi,

Il 21.08 23/12/2004 Dan ha scritto:

>after google-ing every where and reading through this
>thread
>
>http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200411/0224.html
>
>I have gotten IIS setup, can see the frontpage of
>cachemgr.cgi , but when i press continue i get this
>error when running the cgi from windows 2003
>
>CGI Error
>
>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not
>returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I have just checked again on my Windows 2003 test machine, and it works fine.
Do you have provided the full path of cachemgr.cgi ?
IIS service account can read and execute cachemgr.cgi ?
On your Windows 2003 machine, do you have installed URLScan or other
similar hardening tools ?

>If i run it from an xp machine and point the script at
>the 2003 box it says
>
>CGI Error
>
>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not
>returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers
>it did return are:
>
>fdopen: Permission denied

This could depends from Squid ACLs: check the manager ACL in your
squid.conf: by default are allowed accesses only from localhost.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/