Re: [squid-users] cache_peer login option

From: John Morton <jwm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:09:04 +1300

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, John Morton wrote:
>
>> I see that the redirector API sends ident based user names to the
>> redirector.
>

> If you are using authentication then the authenticated username is
> sent in this field, not the ident.

Ah - the FAQ implied that the ident field supplied to the redirector
only came from the ident service. I'll try to remmeber to write a fix
for it. I think querying opt out lists from inside a custom redirector
chain will be
much easier to maintain than two squid instances! Thanks.

> This is done in the http_port directive..

A bit confusing :-) Thanks for the heads up.

John