Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Error: No Running Copy

From: Thomas Ristic <thr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:45:47 +0100

Am Di, den 28.12.2004 schrieb Hansrod um 9:00:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have installed Fedora Core 2 & squid with it. However squid does not
> start-up, I have tried all the ways, even tried the mailing posts but they
> suggest a .pid file missing, which I searched for using the 'ps' command yet
> there is no trace of it in the system, I even did a file search, but
> nothing! I have even re-installed the OS on another machine & also on the
> same machine but still the problem persists. Can anyone help me on this?

Are there any errors during the installation of the squid rpm?
What ist the output of "/sbin/service squid start"?
What is written to "/var/log/messages" during the execution of
"/sbin/service squid start"?
What is the output of "/sbin/service squid status" after the start?

Maybe the fedora-users list would be a better place for questions like
this anyways...

Regards

        Thomas