Re: [squid-users] Re: Can we give different bandwidth to different users in a same group or network ??

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:39:53 +1100

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 11:52 +0530, Amit Khatri wrote:
> But in this case I need to make 2 Delay pools for 2 different users.
> (which I know.) But I want to assign different bandwidth to different
> users in same Delay Pool (either aggregte or netowork). I want to know
> is it possible with squid ??

Squid 3 has class 4 delay pools, which allow per logged-in-user
bandwidth limiting. It may do what you want (if combined with external
acls to get information about policy from (say) ldap, it would
definately be able to do that... with some small about of coding).

That said, squid 3 is still not ready for production use... or even much
more than limited beta use.

Rob