RE: [squid-users] Re: squid shuts down and syslogs complains disk space over limit but I have free disc space

From: Armin Marxer <arminm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:27:04 +0200

> Jim_Brouse/PYT@PASCUAYAQUITRIBE.ORG wrote:
>
> > Squid is shutting down and syslog is reporting the following "Dec 29
> > 10:04:34 squid1 squid[7873]: WARNING: Disk space over limit: 153268 KB >
> > 102400 KB
>
> Squid normally won't shutdown if it is over its configured disk
> space limit
> - it will aggressively remove objects from the cache until it is below its
> configured low water mark.
>
> What are the contents of cache.log?

I seem to remember seeing this before. IIRC, delete the swap.state file and
restart squid

are you also rotating your logs often enough?

Armin

Important Notice:
Authorised Financial Services Provider

Important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("the Disclaimer") apply to this email. To read this click on the
following address or copy into your Internet browser:

http://www.absa.co.za/ABSA/EMail_Disclaimer

The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email in terms of
section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions
Act, 25 of 2002.

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail
to disclaimer@absa.co.za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.