[squid-users] Acl Issues

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:53:40 -0500 (EST)

Happy New year everyone.

I am having some issues with my acl setup. I am running squid25 on
freebsd 5.3

From Squid.conf

I am using the defalut squid.conf file with these changes

auth_param basic program /usr/local/libexec/squid/pam_auth
auth_param basic realm This is my basic auth
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow password
http_access deny all

When I setup and run a browser it comes up with this:
2004/12/31 19:51:23| The request GET
http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&clcid=0x0409&pver=6.0&ar=home
is DENIED, because it matched 'password'
2004/12/31 19:51:23| clientReadRequest: FD 18: no data to process ((35)
Resource temporarily unavailable)

Before I type a username and password in. If I type the username and
password it, it denies it. However, if I run pam_auth as squid at the
command line and type in the same username and password I get an OK

Does anyone have an idea why this does not work. If I remove the
proxy_auth stuff and change it to allow all, it works fine.

Please let me know,
Michael