Re: [squid-users] Acl Issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 00:09:44 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 squid@uc9.net wrote:

> When I setup and run a browser it comes up with this:
> 2004/12/31 19:51:23| The request GET
> http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&clcid=0x0409&pver=6.0&ar=home
> is DENIED, because it matched 'password'
> 2004/12/31 19:51:23| clientReadRequest: FD 18: no data to process ((35)
> Resource temporarily unavailable)
>
> Before I type a username and password in. If I type the username and
> password it, it denies it. However, if I run pam_auth as squid at the
> command line and type in the same username and password I get an OK

I would recommend starting with a simpler authentication helper to verify
your Squid configuration, such as the ncsa_auth helper.

The pam_auth helper approach has many gotchas depending on what backend
database your PAM is set to connect to, and should be seen as a last
resort method if there is no other method to connect to your user
database.