Re: [squid-users] Re: limit no of requests

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 00:15:02 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Adam Aube wrote:

>> is it possible to limit the no. of requests/browsers from a client
>> at a given time
>
> "Can I limit the number of connections from a client?"
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.22

Yes, but this does not correspond in any easy manner to the question.

Open connection is not the same as concurrent request unless you also set
"client_persistent_connections off", and it's even less related to number
of browser windows or browser sessions active on the client computer.

The main reason to use this is to trap malfunctioning clients opening way
too many concurrent connections, not as a means to limit the user
experience.