[squid-users] Squid to log the hostname insted of IP address

From: Anandh G <anandhg02@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 03:41:53 -0800 (PST)

I am running a squid proxy server V2.5.STABLE5-2 in
Fedora Core 2. Squid is logging the access log in
/var/log/squid/access.log. In this i find squid is
logging based on the IP and not on the hostname. So, I
added all my hostnames relating to IP in the
/etc/hosts and specified the hosts_file /etc/hosts in
squid.conf. Still I only find the IP address in the
access.log and not the hostname. How do I make squid
to log based on the hostname and not the IP.

I need this because I am using SARG to generate squid
access report. In this for every reports I get the IP
and the sites accessed from this IP. So I can't
remember all the IPs. If this would be the hostname it
will be better.

plz guide me.

=====
Regards,