Re: [squid-users] Shorewall redirect with Squid and Dansguardian

From: jools <jools@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:31:04 +0000

Hi there,

The section from squid.conf is as follows:

# HTTPD-ACCELERATOR OPTIONS
#

# TAG: httpd_accel_host
# TAG: httpd_accel_port
# If you want to run Squid as an httpd accelerator, define the
# host name and port number where the real HTTP server is.
#
# If you want virtual host support then specify the hostname
# as "virtual".
#
# If you want virtual port support then specify the port as "0".
#
# NOTE: enabling httpd_accel_host disables proxy-caching and
# ICP. If you want these features enabled also, then set
# the 'httpd_accel_with_proxy' option.
#
#Default:
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_host virtual
# TAG: httpd_accel_single_host on|off
# If you are running Squid as a accelerator and have a single backend
# server then set this to on. This causes Squid to forward the request
# to this server irregardles of what any redirectors or Host headers
# says.
#
# Leave this at off if you have multiple backend servers, and use a
# redirector (or host table or private DNS) to map the requests to the
# appropriate backend servers. Note that the mapping needs to be a
# 1-1 mapping between requested and backend (from redirector) domain
# names or caching will fail, as cacing is performed using the
# URL returned from the redirector.
#
# See also redirect_rewrites_host_header.
#
#Default:
# httpd_accel_single_host off

# TAG: httpd_accel_with_proxy on|off
# If you want to use Squid as both a local httpd accelerator
# and as a proxy, change this to 'on'. Note however that your
# proxy users may have trouble to reach the accelerated domains
# unless their browsers are configured not to use this proxy for
# those domains (for example via the no_proxy browser configuration
# setting)
#
#Default:
httpd_accel_with_proxy on

# TAG: httpd_accel_uses_host_header on|off
# HTTP/1.1 requests include a Host: header which is basically the
# hostname from the URL. Squid can be an accelerator for
# different HTTP servers by looking at this header. However,
# Squid does NOT check the value of the Host header, so it opens
# a big security hole. We recommend that this option remain
# disabled unless you are sure of what you are doing.
#
# However, you will need to enable this option if you run Squid
# as a transparent proxy. Otherwise, virtual servers which
# require the Host: header will not be properly cached.
#
#Default: