RE: [squid-users] WCCPv2 + 2.6.9 Kernel

From: Greg Robertson <greg.robertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:39:42 +1100

Well i went back a check all my config and it would appear that the iptunnel
was not being create. But now that i have the gre tunnel working in both
directions it would appear that the http traffic sent down the gre tunnel is
not being redirected to squid server. My squid server is acting as a router.
I am able to browse but it is not being cached by the proxy server
I have put in the command :-
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128

But this doesn't seem to do anything. I have also tried to, in the iptables
command set the interface to be gre1. But still no luck.

Regards

Greg

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Greg Robertson wrote:

> the two. But when the router directs the http via the gre tunnel to the
> proxy. The proxy responds with a " protocol 47 unreachable for IP" via
> tcpdump.

Have you created the required GRE tunnel on the Linux box?

the system manager.