[squid-users] Problem Blocking msn messenger

From: Carlos Simbaņa <csimbana@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:00:08 -0500

1. I am trying to block msn messenger, but when I include
logginnet.passport.com in the squidGuard blacklist block the msn but
hotmail too.

2. If I build a white list with hotmail.msn.com, the web page not appears.

3. After that, I remove logginnet.passport.com from black list
(squidGuard) and put in my squid.conf

acl msnmessenger url_regex -i gateway.dll
http_access deny msnmessenger
acl msn req_mime_type -i ^application/x-msn-messenger
http_access deny all msn
http_access allow all

Then works hotmail But NOT block msn messenger :-(

My squid version is 2.5.STABLE6 and I am testing with msn 6.1

Help me please

Carlos