[squid-users] Re: yet another squid_ldap_auth question when connecting to AD

From: Eric Belhomme <eric.belhomme@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 07:42:13 +0000 (UTC)

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote in
news:Pine.LNX.4.61.0501051218250.14138@localhost.localdomain:

> There should be a password after the username..
>
> Also verify that the same query used to look up the user works via
> ldapsearch
>
> ldapsearch -x -b "dc=w2k,dc=icsb,dc=fr" -D
> cn=Administrateur,cn=Users,dc=w2k,dc=icsb,dc=fr -w my_admin_passwd -h
> ctlad1.w2k.icsb.fr "userPrincipalName=administrateur@w2k.icsb.fr"

oups, I finally succeeded with ldap auth ! The reason there was no
outcomming ldap packets was squid_ldap_auth wait for a couple of
login/passwd _before_ initiating an ldap session with server !

Sorry for the noise :))

But if I can suggest something, the man page sould be updated to
explicitly say that squid_ldap_auth wait for a couple of login/passwd
separated by a space. Maybe I'm stupid but a spend many hours to
understand that...

regards,

--
Eric Belhomme