Re: [squid-users] grab password from url

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:25:34 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Luca Marchiori wrote:

> No ! My REAL (and original) question is if it is possible to grab user and
> password from an url.

And due to the nature of this question I am not going to help beyond what
I have already done unless I know exacly what this information is to be
used for for the reasons expressed in my previous email.

if http then anything can be extracted from the traffic, if https then not
as everything is encrypted and you have to look elsewhere for this
information.

I value users privacy high and do not consider public mailinglists such as
squid-users the proper channel for discusing how to violate users privacy
by explain how to extract passwords or other information most if not all
users consider confidential personal information.

> Sorry, but I heat when one change my question because "I'm sure you intend
> this question and not the original one you made".
> I am a consultant, my customer wanna know user and password for the virtual
> hard drive and I have to give it him. Stop.

I am not doing your job. Period.