[squid-users] Squid TCP_MISS/000 issue

From: <Manrique_Ho@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 17:35:57 -0500

I am running Squid 2.4 Stable 6 on LInux AS3.2 in our production
environment. Recently I run into an issue with the following message on
access.log when my users cannot access a specific web site:

1105043121.000 119838 x.x.x.x TCP_MISS/000 0 CONNECT
www.cibc.can-act.com:443 - NONE/- -

I read some discussions about this issue on this mailing-list back in 2003
and was resolved by turning off ECN. I have checked into the ECN and I
found that it has already got a zero value in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn. and it is still not working.

We are also using SquidGuard. I just wonder whether some tcp/ip
parameter was somehow tweaked by Squid or SquidGuard. I can access the
same web site without going through Squid. I am also able to see the same
website when I go through another test Squid 2.5 RH AS3.2 box without
SquidGuard. I did check that the website was not blocked by ACL or
SquidGuard. I have also checked the tcp parameters in /proc/sys/net/ipv4 are same between the production and test Squid box.

Please help ! Thanks in advance.

Manrique