Re: [squid-users] URL too large workaround

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:05:53 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Irfan DP wrote:

> it might be some garbage malfunctioning request from our client, i
> couldn't confirm that too.

Unfortunately it is a little tricky to confirm without using
tcpdump/ngrep..

> I just want to make it clean on cache.log....some i don;t have to worry
> too much on that kind of error.
>
> anyway,is it correct value to increase the URL MAXSIZE threshold ?

Unless you can confirm your users really need to access applications
requiring URLs larger than 4KB (the default) I would recommend leaving
this alone. The Squid sources have not been tested much with a MAX_URL
other thant 4KB.

If all you want to do is to get rid of the cache.log message then change
the debug() statement printing the warning to use debug level 2 instead of
1.